Wednesday 3 April 2013

Day three - making friends and drinking cocktails

Haha the beginning of the day pretty much continued the same way the night before had ended. The only difference was that I woke up at stupid o clock. I mean like 0600 hrs. I could believe it. I knew that I'd have get jet lag but I was hoping to sleep for longer rather than a shorter amount of sleep.

I gave my sister a call over Oovoo as it was only about 2100 (9pm UK time). She was busy making a cake so it was a short call. Got up for breakie and was quite surprised. I'm not sure how to describe other than calling it a buffet of sorts.


I didn't have a lot but I was more than will to try everything, so I did. Only problem was that there wasn't a lot to choose from. Here I have: rice, miso soup, egg (omelet), fish (he he, no idea what fish. nice though), shredded cabbage, some sort of salad (I'm so full of good descriptions) and breaded potato. It doesn't seem like a lot but it did fill me up. I was thinking that if thinks kept going this way, I'd lose loads of weight over my holiday. Rofl!

I stayed in my hotel room, kinda dozing, watching Japanese TV (obviously don't understand everything, only a few words) and listening to music.

I ventured out in search of food about 6 and had decided that I couldn't go to the convenience store again. I needed proper food. I went back to Namba and started walking around aimlessly, to be honest.





My Japanese is very basic. Asking where the post office was was my limit for the first day or two and I wasn't brave enough to even try to order a meal yet. That's when I saw them. Lol. Foreigners! And they looked like they possibly spoke English!


Sally, Jen, Kyra and the guys were nice enough to let me wander with them as they were looking for somewhere to eat as well.







We went to the Penguin bar for a couple of cocktails then parted ways. They honestly made my day as I was definitely freaking out a little. So thanks to them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment