Thursday 4 April 2013

Day seven - Nara and the great Buddha

So today Sayaka and I have been to Nara, home of tame deer and the Great Buddha. It took about an hour on the train from Osaka and the scenery along the way was gorgeous. Didn't really take photos along the way, because I was chatting with Sayaka and I didn't want to disturb the other passengers.

I'm guessing they rented their kimonos from somewhere.


Sayaka and I with Sento-kun
The deer are tame to a degree, but I'm sure they can give you a nasty nip if you annoy them.

I love this sign. Especially the knock down. 

We bought some deer cookies and feed the deer, but they were having none of it. With so many people around, I think that they'd had enough. I saw one walking after a guy who was eating sweet potato. :-) 



Guardians of the gate.




Guardians of the second gate.



Introducing the Great Buddha.





Mochi making

No comments:

Post a Comment