Friday 5 April 2013

Day six - Meeting the family and exploring Sakai city

So today I checked out of my first hotel and made my way to Sayaka's home. Her family had been nice enough to let me stay. When I got there I met her mother, father and older brother. They had ordered a gorgeous meal which had so many cool things. I tried everything. It was superb. The sashimi (raw tuna and another fish, can remember) was gorgeous. I'd tried raw fish at Yo Sushi! in London, and hated it. This sashimi was unbelievably tasty. I think that the only thing in wasn't keen on what this egg dish. It had a creme brulee texture but was savour. It also had prawns in it.




After the meal, Sayaka and I relaxed for a while and set out for a tour of Sakai city.







We partook in traditional green tea and sweets. Before looking around the gardens.






Then we saw a tanuki on our way home. :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment