Monday 17 December 2012

Accommodation

Man, why is it so difficult? For whatever reason I'm finding it difficult to decide on what sort of accommodation to choose for this trip. It supposed that planning your trip at 0355hrs is never a good idea, because all you want to do is sleep. It really should be an easy choice, shouldn't it? I was thinking about going for an expensive hotel, but then I thought, 'I'll only be sleeping there.' Then I thought about a cheap hotel or hostel and I thought, 'is my stuff going to be safe if I'm sharing with a stranger?'

Now I have to admit that I'm somewhat of a snob. Hate to say it but it's true. I have stayed in a hostel and it wasn't so bad. Nevertheless I had to lug my stuff down to a locked room when I went out and then back up to my room (which I was sharing with my best mate and 5 other people) when I came back. I'll be honest with you, I've had my fair share of people stealing my stuff so I've become a bit wary of where I leave things.

That's not the only thing that's on my mind when choosing somewhere to stay.

Sharing a bathroom. Omg, there are some seriously skanky people out there. I've seen things (*shudder*) and it's not nice. I also don't feel like waiting in line to use the toilet or shower. And someone else's pubes in the shower. Sorry... had to be said.


Anyway, I have to find three hotels in three different cities, Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo. I have to make sure that I'm close to good touristy spots as I'm definitely going to get my 'tourist on'. My camera is going everywhere!

I better start trawling through websites and hotel review pages. The search continues...

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Can't wait to hear about the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to go. Need to sort out quite a things. I need a PA.

      Delete
  2. Stay at the place in the picture!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to. But it's so expensive to stay in a ryokan. :'(

      Delete