Friday 28 December 2012

Accommodation - updated

Whoop!! I've booked my accommodation. Contrary to what was written in my previous entry, I was given confirmation that I had the time off at the end of December.

I haven't paid for it yet, as with most places either you pay when you get there or as you depart. I really wish that I could pay for it now. At least that way I'll know that I won't spend my money on anything else while I'm waiting for March to come.

So the hotels...

As I said in the previous accommodation post, I'm visiting three cities, Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo so I've booked a hotel in Osaka and Kyoto (actually in Otsu), but I've booked two places in Tokyo. I wanted to stay in a ryokan but they are seriously expensive, so I'm only staying for two nights.

So far these are the places I'm staying. I decided to go for 3* because I'm a bit of a snob and wanted to make sure I was comfortable. I don't think that the prices are too bad and a lot of the cheaper 3* hotels were booked anyway.

Osaka
Shin Osaka Esaka Tokyu Inn £216.81 (¥30, 800) for 5 nights.

Kyoto
Seta Urban Hotel £301.28 (¥42,800) for 6 nights. This hotel is actually in Otsu which is apparently 10 mins (or miles. Can't remember which) away from Kyoto. More exploring to do. Yay!

Tokyo
Grand Park Hotel Panex Tokyo £349.15 (¥49,600) for 8 nights.
Ryokan Kamogawa Asakusa £137.97 (¥19,600) for the last two nights.

I think the prices aren't too bad for the length of time I'm staying in each place. And if I remember correctly (without checking each hotels' website) I get free slippers, bathrobe, breakfast and WiFi at a couple of the hotels. Can't knock that.

No comments:

Post a Comment